StrawNet Pelletized Straw Mulch
• Ideal for Seed Germination!
• Helps to Retain Moisture!
• Won't Blow Away
Compressed straw fibers are formed into easily applied pellets that, when watered, swell and break apart to form a thin layer of straw fibers that hold in moisture and protect seeds and plants. Contains a bonding agent that holds the straw fibers together in a ‘net’ and also bonds to the soil preventing the straw from blowing and maintaining moisture at the surface for better seed germination. Weed Free! Can be applied to small or large areas. Available in 10 or 50 pound bags.
50 lb. Bag covers 500 sq ft.
10 lb. Bag covers 100 sq ft.
Easy Application in 5 steps1. Loosen soil in repair area 2 - 3 inches in depth. It's important to have a good seed bed.
2. Spread the seed at the recommended rate.
3. Apply straw net to the area covering approximately 50% of the soil. Leave some spaces between the pellets.
4. Watering is key! Water the area 2 times daily for about 3 weeks or until the area is grown in. The dissolved pellets will be darker when they are wet and will lighten when they dry out, letting you know that it is time to water again.
5. Fertilizer can be applied 2 weeks after seed germination.